Every Friday 2pm-10pm
Opal Services has some great opportunities available for those interested in a rewarding career as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) working with adults with intellectual and mental health challenges! Opal Services has 28 group homes throughout Dakota County as well as an Hourly Services Program that supports people in the community. We serve a great group of individuals and are looking for employees that want to make a difference in the lives of others!
What is the role of the DSP?
- Engage our service recipients in activities both in their homes and communities
- Teach independent living skills
- Assist with activities of daily living (personal care needs vary from home to home)
- Assist with household responsibilities such as cooking and cleaning
- Chart, log, and document
- Pass medication (Med Admin training provided!)
What does Opal Services provide to employees?
- On-site training – no previous DSP experience is required
- Comprehensive paid training throughout employment, including CPR and First Aid certification though the American Heart Association
- Profit Sharing/401K plan with matching
- Medical, Dental, and Supplemental Insurance for eligible employees
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Qualifications for the Direct Support Professional include:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak in fluent English
- Must comply with a background study; in order to maintain employment, the background study must come back “qualified”
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!