When you come to work for Opal Services, you have the rare opportunity to impact an individual’s life, in a variety of areas. As an Opal employee, you will get to accompany service recipients on fun outings and community activities, and encourage learning and independence with unique and creative ideas. In addition, you will help our service recipients increase their independence and community involvement, by setting achievable goals.
We offer both part-time and full-time opportunities, nontraditional schedules, and competitive compensation. With 28 homes, there are plenty of opportunities available to fit just about everyone’s unique strengths and interests. More importantly, there are unlimited opportunities to develop new skills, share new ideas, earn important certifications, and gain valuable experience, all in a warm, fun and encouraging environment.
Unless otherwise noted on the Open Positions list, the position applied for is Direct Support Professional (DSP).
The key job responsibilities for the DSP role are: being responsible for ensuring the safety of vulnerable adults with developmental disabilities and/or mental health issues, teaching independent living skills, program implementation/goals, assistance with daily cares and household tasks, community outings and activities, etc.
To view our current openings, please view our open positions list.
Job requirements for all applicants seeking employment with Opal Services, Inc.:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak in fluent English
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must comply with a background study; in order to maintain employment, the background study must come back “qualified”
- Must have a satisfactory motor vehicle record based on the company motor vehicle insurance requirements
- Certain facilities and positions also require a reliable, insured vehicle (This will be specified before a position is offered)
What are the benefits of working for Opal?
In addition to the excellent experience and healthcare that employees get, Opal offers great benefits for Full-Time AND Part-Time employees.
Items below are part of our total compensation package:
(Insurance Eligible) (must maintain at least 60 hours per 2-week pay period.)
(must maintain at least 70 hours per 2-week pay period.)
|Paid tickets/expenses to events with service recipients (i.e. movies, dining out)||X||X||X|
|Referral Bonus Program||X||X||X|
|401K and Profit Sharing Plan||X||X||X|
|Health Insurances (with Premium Conversion)
Medical and Dental
Life, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Fill out our employment application and click submit.
- Or stop by our Corporate Office to fill out a paper application packet. Please bring your driver’s license and previous employment addresses and phone numbers.
Opal Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please click below to view our President’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.